Unable to do field calculations using Arcade in Portal

11-12-2021 03:51 AM
Labels (2)
mddelossantos
New Contributor

I have a hosted feature layer containing a point layer with several related tables. 

I'm using Arcade to calculate the total number of related records per point, populating a new empty field. I have 9 empty fields which I am doing calculations on but I'm encountering an unexpected behavior with Arcade.

Sometimes the calculation works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm positive the syntax I'm using is correct since I was able to successfully calculate for 5 out of 9 fields I have. The problem is I have to run Arcade several times as I keep getting this error: 

mddelossantos_0-1636717460117.png

After n number of tries for the 5 fields, I was able to get the values I needed. But still no success with the remaining 4 fields I have. I keep on running Arcade until the calculation is successful.

Is this unexpected behavior a bug or is it something that can be fixed on the server side? Has anyone experienced this in portal? Hope someone can help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I've not seen that message before. Is it possible to attempt the calculation from ArcGIS Pro?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos