Select to view content in your preferred language

Sharing webmap prompts Update Sharing

09-11-2024 12:04 AM
KikSiops
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

So I created basemaps for our organization, added both the tile layer and the webmap to the group which I nominated as gallery for our basemaps. Both items are shared to organization and group is shared to organization as well.  I mirrored the setting from our 10.8.1 portal (no issue) but still giving this warning/error: You don't have permission to update sharing of this item. This item may not be visible to others because it's shared differently.

KikSiops_0-1726038006500.png

Is someone having same issue with us? I am with ESRI support as well but still no resolution and they are unable to replicate from their end

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarleyGeddes
Esri Contributor

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you are running into issues! I have a few questions and suggestions for resolving this issue.

• What version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you using?
  • Who is the owner of the tile layer, web map and group?
  • What is your role in the organization (i.e. are you a default Administrator)?
  • Is the owner of the tile layer and web map a member of the group you are attempting to share these items to?
  • Are you a member of the group that you are attempting to share to?

The layers within a web map should be shared in the same way to ensure that users can access both the map and view the layers within. When the layer is not at the same share level as the web map, you may see errors that "items may not be visible to others because they are shared differently".

I suggest attempting to share the web map and the layers within the web map to the group and the organization individually on their respective item details pages. If you do not see the ability to share one or more of the items to the desired group or share level, then that indicates that you may not have the privileges to share the items or that the group membership requirements may not be met.

Hope this helps! If you are still seeing the issue, then your answers to the above questions will help us troubleshoot further.

Thanks,
Marley

0 Kudos
KikSiops
Occasional Contributor

Hi @MarleyGeddes ,

Thanks for responding,

• What version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you using? 11.3
  • Who is the owner of the tile layer, web map and group? administrator (portaladmin)
  • What is your role in the organization (i.e. are you a default Administrator)? yes
  • Is the owner of the tile layer and web map a member of the group you are attempting to share these items to? yes, so portaladmin owned the group and the items and both are shared to organization
  • Are you a member of the group that you are attempting to share to? yes, and all users in the portal should have access since it's shared to organization.

To add, these basemaps is shared to the organization's map gallery.

0 Kudos