Register App on Portal

03-01-2016 02:43 PM
EdShewen
New Contributor

I'm hoping someone can provide me some guidance. I'm attempting to register an app on portal, because of the way things are setup I have BUG-000087717 which basically means I have to manually register through the rest api. When I attempt to register through the url at [baseurl]/arcgis/sharing/oauth2/registerApp, I provide the relevant details and get a return of

{"error": {

"code": 400,

"message": "Registration of this item is not allowed",

"details": []

}}

registering the same type of item on 10.2 worked just fine but on 10.2.2 this is the only result I seem to get. Has anyone encountered this issue or have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ed,

Can you let me know if you can do the following:

1. Create a web app in Portal as just an "application" instead of "web mapping".

2. When the application is created and it opens item details, you will find the REGISTER link.

3. However you would need to add the URL to your web application using "EDIT" and then save it, so it is registered to this web app URL.

Regards,

Aravind

0 Kudos
EdShewen
New Contributor

Aravind,

Thank you for the response. The web app is being created as just an application. As mentioned there is no REGISTER link due to BUG-000087717 so I have to register it manually through the rest API which is where I am getting the error message. I can't find any record of anyone else getting it so I'm not sure the cause.

0 Kudos