Question regarding Copy Content between two Portals

04-27-2018 12:41 PM
MortenOlesen1
New Contributor II

I have been using a slightly modified version of this example (Example: Copy content—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise) to try to copy content between two Portals (source is a 10.4.1 and target is a 10.5). 

The scripts runs and content is created on the target Portal, but it is just a reference to the source Portal, not the actual content. So when you click on the item, the user is asked for source portal credentials. 

What am I doing wrong? Is there a default setting that creates a reference rather than an actual copy?

Thanks for your time!! 

Morten 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeHay
New Contributor II

Hi Morten,

Did you ever figure this out? When ArcGIS Server Manager on the target server is used the REST endpoint is a URL on the target server, as it should be, but the service is empty.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MortenOlesen1
New Contributor II

Hi Mike, 

I believe it is possible if you allow anonymous authentication, but unfortunately it is not an option for us. I tried clone_items as well and described the process here: 

Error when cloning items from one portal to another. The end results is the same.  

I talked to esri support in Canada and they recommended republishing the services on the new portal and disregard the other two solution with our setup.

I hope this helps, although it probably wasn't the solution you were hoping for. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers, 

Morten 

0 Kudos