Portal Groups just spinning

01-18-2021 05:35 PM
DeanHowell1
Occasional Contributor III

When users are not logged in to portal, but try to navigate to groups, they are just presented with the never ending spinner.

DeanHowell1_1-1611019984085.png

Other links either present the user with a log in screen or some other screen but Groups just sits there.

DeanHowell1_0-1611019871408.png

Is there a setting we have missed that will send this to the login page or some other display?

Update to above: we have recently upgraded the development portal to 10.8.1 and we don't get the same issue as the production server on 10.7.1

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
VMitch
by
New Contributor III

This has happened me in the past, and on clearing the cache, it worked. Any errors coming up in developer tools? 

DeanHowell1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @VMitch unfortunately clearing the cache didn't work. I tried a couple of different browsers but the same results.  I will keep searching for a solution.

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Does the Sharing API resolve, ex. https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/sharing/rest? My assumption is it won't. Can you check the localhost logs under <install directory>\framework\runtime\tomcat\logs?

0 Kudos
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @DeanHowell1,

Usually I see this error when there is a problem with your folder security "ACL", can you try reapplying the service account to the c:\program files\arcgis\portal folder as well as your content store.

To do this you just turn of the portal service 

HenryLindemann_0-1611641009938.png

Navigate to the folder right click select properties then security then advance 

HenryLindemann_1-1611641129643.png

Then tick replace all child object and apply, I usually also give the service account read write on the files as well.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos