Select to view content in your preferred language

Portal Groups just spinning

01-18-2021 05:35 PM
DeanHowell1
Frequent Contributor

When users are not logged in to portal, but try to navigate to groups, they are just presented with the never ending spinner.

DeanHowell1_1-1611019984085.png

Other links either present the user with a log in screen or some other screen but Groups just sits there.

DeanHowell1_0-1611019871408.png

Is there a setting we have missed that will send this to the login page or some other display?

Update to above: we have recently upgraded the development portal to 10.8.1 and we don't get the same issue as the production server on 10.7.1

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
VMitch
by
Regular Contributor

This has happened me in the past, and on clearing the cache, it worked. Any errors coming up in developer tools? 

DeanHowell1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @VMitch unfortunately clearing the cache didn't work. I tried a couple of different browsers but the same results.  I will keep searching for a solution.

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Does the Sharing API resolve, ex. https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/sharing/rest? My assumption is it won't. Can you check the localhost logs under <install directory>\framework\runtime\tomcat\logs?

0 Kudos
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @DeanHowell1,

Usually I see this error when there is a problem with your folder security "ACL", can you try reapplying the service account to the c:\program files\arcgis\portal folder as well as your content store.

To do this you just turn of the portal service 

HenryLindemann_0-1611641009938.png

Navigate to the folder right click select properties then security then advance 

HenryLindemann_1-1611641129643.png

Then tick replace all child object and apply, I usually also give the service account read write on the files as well.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos