Portal for Arcgis

10-11-2015 03:02 AM
PeterZulof
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use Portal for Arcgis 10.3.1 but i am struggling with a problem that saving maps taking long time (endless) as shown in attachment.

i tried several kinds of OS , and machines , just 2 of them working fine and the others same problem.

what could be the reason here?

Regards

Portal.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

I recall a similar issue one time that went away after I rebooted Portal.

I assume you have you tried that since you've tried multiple machines but JIC.

Otherwise, that sounds like a possible permission issue?

I recently had to give write permissions to some arcgisportal folders before a portal user (admin level) could even create new folders.

0 Kudos
PeterZulof
New Contributor II

Thank you Mr. Paul,

i have tested rebooting machines several times, also i am loging to all machines by the administrator user,

the strange behavior is that it works on some machines on windows 2012 and not working on other, also the problem exist on windows 8.1 so i can not consider it OS issue.

Best

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle

It sounds like a folder permissions issue on the host machine, make sure the account that Portal and ArcGIS Server are running on have read/write on the respective directories.

PaulDavidson1

I think Jacob's idea is a good one.

I recently wasn't able to create New Folders on Portal, even as an admin.

I set permissions on C:\arcgisportal to give write access to the account and things started working.

Unclear why the permissions were not set correctly with the initial install but there it is.

0 Kudos
PeterZulof
New Contributor II

Thank you all,

I tried to give that folder all needed permissions but the problem still exist.

i tried the domain admin user to ensure that it is not a permission issue.

Best

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1

Have you checked the Portal logs?

Maybe Fiddler would have insight into where the slowness is occurring?

Networking issues?

Have you tried doing any simple network analysis like ping &  Tracert to make sure the issue isn't something outside your control?

0 Kudos
PeterZulof
New Contributor II

Thank you Mr. Paul, nothing important was found in logs, i don't think its networking issue cause i am using the same network for all computers and some of them working fine.

i think its a requirements issue despite i had a look on it for portal and nothing was missing.

Best

0 Kudos