Select to view content in your preferred language

Portal for ArcGIS sign-in portion is truncated when browsing with Google Chrome

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
IreneEgbulefu1
Regular Contributor

Our Portal for ArcGIS home site does not display the upper section containing the login and the menu when browsing from Google Chrome.

IreneEgbulefu1_2-1727458748725.png

It displays the upper portion when opened with Microsoft Edge but also has some errors at the bottom

IreneEgbulefu1_0-1727458573233.png

Google Chrome developer tool

IreneEgbulefu1_1-1727458678646.png

On researching I got t and tried out the solution proffered on this link Problem: Portal for ArcGIS Sign in Page Interface Does Not Display in Chrome (esri.com)

But it didn't resolve the issue and it appears my case is quite different because I am seeing a different error message when  I open the Google Chrome Developers.

Here is what the error message i see from the google chrome

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

What is the version of Chrome being used / also provide Edge for context?

What is the version of your Enterprise deployment?

You may want to look at this patch (depending on the version that you are using); Portal for ArcGIS Application Display Patch - https://support.esri.com/en-us/patches-updates/2024/portal-for-arcgis-application-display-patch

Let us know!

--- George T.

View solution in original post

IreneEgbulefu1
Regular Contributor

Esri had released some patches for the enterprise ArcGIS of which we were unaware. Thank you, George, for the suggestion and link. 

I got the issue resolved by running the "Check for ArcGIS Enterprise Updates" search on my Portal for ArcGIS server. It came up with two patches which also include a security patch.

The patches were installed, and the issue resolved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

What is the version of Chrome being used / also provide Edge for context?

What is the version of your Enterprise deployment?

You may want to look at this patch (depending on the version that you are using); Portal for ArcGIS Application Display Patch - https://support.esri.com/en-us/patches-updates/2024/portal-for-arcgis-application-display-patch

Let us know!

--- George T.
IreneEgbulefu1
Regular Contributor

Esri had released some patches for the enterprise ArcGIS of which we were unaware. Thank you, George, for the suggestion and link. 

I got the issue resolved by running the "Check for ArcGIS Enterprise Updates" search on my Portal for ArcGIS server. It came up with two patches which also include a security patch.

The patches were installed, and the issue resolved.