Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.1: How the performance of the Portal for ArcGIS can be improved?

10-20-2020 12:16 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.1: How the performance of the Portal for ArcGIS can be improved?

I couldn’t figure out if there are tools by which the performance of the Portal for ArcGIS can be improved.

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hi Jamal NUMAN‌, 

When you refer to performnce , what exactly do you mean? If you mean GIS infrastructure and IT there is a couple of options depeding on what your looking for:

Performance of services and layers is not managed within Portal itself but in the ArcGIS servers. There are a number of considerations surrounding enterprise performance thse include but are not limited to:

Hope this helps.

Shane

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Shane

Has the “Rebuild the index for Portal” any thing to do with the performance?

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hi Jamal NUMAN‌, 

No problem. The "Rebuild the index for Portal" is usually utilised post upgrade and is because there are items, groups or users missing and completes the upgrade process for Portal. Before this has been completed search functionality will not work until reindexing is complete. So in terms of performance it assists with post upgrade however I would refer to the information provided in my first comment as a starting point. 

Shane

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks Shane

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
DanDeegan
New Contributor III

Our portal items got out of sync and tech support told me that that command doesn't do anything as of 10.6.

0 Kudos