Portal 10.7.1 Wildcard CERT Issue

Jump to solution
01-30-2020 03:43 PM
RussellVanek
New Contributor

All,

I’ve set up Portal internally with a local SSL CERT (from our internal CA) with integrated authentication with our AD environment.

I’m now looking at getting this environment to be available online but I’m running into an issue with the wildcard CERT we use for our external websites and connections.

Current setup:

• Portal + web adapter
  • ArcGIS HOST
  • ArcGIS EXT
  • ArcGIS INT
  • Data Store associated with the HOST server

When I try to add the PFX file it keeps giving me a 500 error (unable to add CERT). I’ve already installed the PFX file locally, it will add the root, intermediate, and a valid web certification to the server just fine. I’m sure the error is simple, just not sure how to fix or get around it. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lu-chiaChuang
New Contributor III

Hi,

I assumed you are trying to import your organization's wildcard certificate into your portal machine. You don't need to do that. Your organization should have an external reverse proxy (such as Apache Tomcat or Citrix Netscaler). The reverse proxy can redirect (transfer) an external URL to your internal Portal URL. That's all you need. Here are a couple Esri reverse proxy documents. Hope this help. 

Configure your portal to use a reverse proxy server—Portal for ArcGIS (10.8) | Documentation for Arc... 

Configure your portal to use a forward proxy server—Portal for ArcGIS (10.8) | Documentation for Arc... 

Luke

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lu-chiaChuang
New Contributor III

Hi,

I assumed you are trying to import your organization's wildcard certificate into your portal machine. You don't need to do that. Your organization should have an external reverse proxy (such as Apache Tomcat or Citrix Netscaler). The reverse proxy can redirect (transfer) an external URL to your internal Portal URL. That's all you need. Here are a couple Esri reverse proxy documents. Hope this help. 

Configure your portal to use a reverse proxy server—Portal for ArcGIS (10.8) | Documentation for Arc... 

Configure your portal to use a forward proxy server—Portal for ArcGIS (10.8) | Documentation for Arc... 

Luke

RussellVanek
New Contributor

Thanks for the help Luke. This was the approach we used and it worked very well. Thanks for the reply. 

0 Kudos