Portal 10.4 - Configure Utility Services with AGOL Account with Enterprise Login

05-11-2017 09:38 AM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

I have access to an AGOL site though which I'd like to configure utility services for my local instance of ArcGIS Portal 10.4.  Normally, I would go to Organization --> Edit Settings --> ArcGIS Online tab, check the boxes for services I want to expose to my portal and enter my AGOL credentials for authentication.  However, the AGOL site is configured with enterprise login alone, so the credentials are managed on some external system.  I don't (to my knowledge) have a password for logging into AGOL directly, I just have my enterprise login password.  Therefore, the instance of Portal rejects my credentials because there is no option to use enterprise login credentials when configuring utility services.  Is there any workaround to this?

Thanks!

Jay

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

FYI, using an enterprise account to add an ArcGIS Online utility service to Portal for ArcGIS is not supported. You will need to use a non-enterprise account to register the utility service.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Derek - so if I don't have a non-enterprise account on the AGOL site, then it would follow that I'm unable to add AGOL utility services to my Portal, correct?  Just want to make sure I'm understanding my options....

Jay

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

For your ArcGIS Online organization, you can configure the organization's sign in page to show only the enterprise login option or both the enterprise login and ArcGIS account options.

To support your workflow, I would contact your ArcGIS Online organization admin and ask them to enable this option, then provide you with a non-enterprise account to register the utility service.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos