Point symbols not rotating with dataframe rotate

04-17-2012 12:27 PM
SteveBaker
New Contributor
I am using ArcMap-ArcInfo 10.0 Service Pack 4. When I rotate the data frame the point symbols are not rotated with the data frame. In the ArcMap Advanced setting Utility under Data Frame Marker symbol rotation I have checked on Rotate marker symbols with dataframe, but the point symbols are still will not rotated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Steve, I have seen this issue for some time ago. This thing happened when the settings were set to default in the Advanced Settings utility. Could you please check that this is not the case?

If it is the case though then check this post: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/19800-ArcMap-Advanced-Setting-in-v.10-are-reset-to-default!

Otherwise it might be a good time to log an incident with Tech Support since it might be quite tough to troubleshoot.
0 Kudos
SteveBaker
New Contributor
The rotate marker symbols with dataframe worked okay in ArcGIS 9.3.1, but when I moved to 10.0 SP 4 the option will not work.  I checked the Registry and the setting was 1.  I also checked the option on another computer which has 10.0 SP 4 and still will not work.
0 Kudos