Password Change & Reset Password in 10.3.1- Not Working

06-11-2015 07:45 AM
Drew
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

- We just upgraded our ArcGIS for Portal from 10.3 to 10.3.1

I am trying to use the  Change Password function from within the Edit Profile page of Portal and I do not get any dialog to actually change my password. I simply get a dialog saying "Password Changed - Your password has successfully been changed" - i never actually get to enter a new password anywhere.

I have also logged in as an administrator and tried to use the Reset Password function but it throws an error also..

"Unable to reset password for member..." (see attached)

After some digging through the logs and watching the HTTP request I am seeing a common error of : !DB_0000! (see attached)
com.esri.gw.GWException: !DB_0000! at com.esri.gw.db.GWDatabaseImpl.getSecurityPolicy(GWDatabaseImpl.java:8941)

Is this just me or is the change and reset password broken in 10.3.1.. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Drew

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Albertvan_der_Kamp
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Did you find a solution for this problem? ESRI Netherlands could not solve this problem for me and gave me this alternative:

• Create a new user (because change password does work for those users).
  • Use 'Change owner' to make this new user the owner of the old user's data.
  • Remove the old user.

Thanks,

Albert.

0 Kudos
Drew
by

Albert,

ESRI Canada was unable to provide a fix also. I have asked it to see if ESRI Redlands can assist with the issue, but have not had a response yet.

It's good to know others are have experienced similar issues.

I am assuming you did a 10.3 to 10.3.1 upgrade also?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Albertvan_der_Kamp
New Contributor II

Just like you did: a 10.3 to 10.3.1 upgrade of (our ArcGIS software including) Portal.

0 Kudos
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Andrew,

Did you try to reindex the Portal configuration store after upgrading?

If not try these steps:

1. 1) Open the ArcGIS Portal Directory and sign in with the initial administrator account. The URL is formattedhttps://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin.
  2. 2) Click System > Indexer > Reindex.
  3. 3) Click the Mode drop-down list, and select Full.
  4. 4) Click Reindex. This step will complete the upgrade of your portal. Depending on the number of users and volume of content in your portal, it will take some time for the reindex to complete. Do not interrupt the reindex process. You can monitor the indexing status by opening a new browser window (or tab), navigating to System > Indexer > Index Status, and refreshing the page. When the store and index counts are equal, the reindex and upgrade is complete.
Albertvan_der_Kamp
New Contributor II

Hello Daniel,

I tried that already but it didn't make it work on my system.

Albert.

0 Kudos
Drew
by

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately it did not solve the issue.

I believe i did that same procedure after the upgrade also.

Andrew

0 Kudos
JasonPatterson
New Contributor III

What type of security is being used?  Enterprise logins, Windows (IWA), internal Portal users, etc...?

Albertvan_der_Kamp
New Contributor II

I use internal portal users.

0 Kudos
Drew
by

I am also using Portal User accounts

0 Kudos