No option to enable editing using Feature Layer from Server

Jump to solution
12-07-2015 08:44 AM
TiffanySelvidge1
Occasional Contributor III

Greetings,

I am trying to enable editing for a feature layer I loaded from an arcgis rest services page but when I look at the edit page in Portal, there is no option to enable editing (or sync, export data, etc). If I load the data directly from my computer as a zipped shapefile then I am able to view the enable editing options and then edit the layer within the map without any problems.

I already configured my hosted layer (from a published service) to allow edits and syncs. What settings do I need to change to gain access to Portal's 'enable editing' options?

I am using ArcMap 10.2.2 and Portal 10.3. My arcgis server is federated.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TiffanySelvidge1

I figured it out. I needed to enable editor tracking on the shapefile itself. I still don't have the 'enable editing', 'sync', etc checkboxes in Portal but I can make the edits and track the changes. Apparently all the enable editing is done in ArcCatalog, not Portal, when using a feature layer from a published service.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TiffanySelvidge1

I figured it out. I needed to enable editor tracking on the shapefile itself. I still don't have the 'enable editing', 'sync', etc checkboxes in Portal but I can make the edits and track the changes. Apparently all the enable editing is done in ArcCatalog, not Portal, when using a feature layer from a published service.

0 Kudos