Maximum record count for feature services in Portal

Jump to solution
06-25-2019 07:20 AM
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to update the maximum record count for a feature service in Portal. I have gone to the following page:

How To: Update the maximum record count for feature services in ArcGIS Online 

However, this is (obviously) for ArcGIS Online. When I go to Update Definition  in our Portal, I only get an input box rather than the full layer definition.

So, using the examples here: Update Definition (Feature Layer)—ArcGIS REST API: Services Directory | ArcGIS for Developers, I tried the following: { "MaxRecordCount" : 5000 } I receive the following error message:

{  "error": {   "code": 500,   "message": "Field 'MaxRecordCount' cannot be updated.",   "details": []  } }

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Todd

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToriO_hara1
Esri Contributor

Hi Todd, 

You should be able to edit that information through the Server Admin Endpoint using the Edit operation:

I updated the maxRecordCount of a feature service from 1000 to 1100 & ran the job asynchronously. Checking the job status to make sure there weren't any errors, I was able to see these changes propagate in the layer itself back in the services directory endpoint.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ToriO_hara1
Esri Contributor

Hi Todd, 

You should be able to edit that information through the Server Admin Endpoint using the Edit operation:

I updated the maxRecordCount of a feature service from 1000 to 1100 & ran the job asynchronously. Checking the job status to make sure there weren't any errors, I was able to see these changes propagate in the layer itself back in the services directory endpoint.

ToddFagin

Perfect. It took a minute for me to figure it out, but once I did, it worked as intended.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Todd,

I'm wondering if there is an upper limit of max records or is 2,000 the absolute max? 

I'm dealing with 911 calls and as you can imagine it doesn't take very long to get to that amount. When our analyst want to extract a certain time period or all the calls of a particular type this can become a significant limiting factor.

We just got a new 911 computer system that went live on Oct. 1st and we're currently just over 87,000 for the police department alone. We provide 6 months worth of data (performance becomes an issue with any more data) and I was hoping that we could "bump" the max to 100K... just a slight nudge from 2,000 haha. Most users never export at all and the frequency of needing such a large data pull would be far and few between (annual reports or grant funding research most likely).

Thanks!

ToddFagin

Hi Brandon,

I am not the best person to ask this. If I recall (it’s been a while), we upped our max to 5000. If there is an upper limit, I don’t know.

I apologize I cannot be of more help.

Todd

0 Kudos