Is it possible to edit Related table records in ArcGIS for Portal Desktop map viewer?

Jump to solution
10-07-2015 06:00 AM
MatthewMurray1
New Contributor III

I have a related table in a ArcGIS for Portal web map. I have a web map that I have configured with a feature service that has a related table. The feature service has all the editing capabilities and I can successfully add, and edit records. What I can't do is seem to figure out is how to edit or add feature in the related table. This following blog post describes how it can be done using ArcGIS Collector but i cannot find anything for a standard web map http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2015/02/18/related-tables-exploring-new-ways-to-use-collector-for-...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew,

The Portal for ArcGIS map viewer does not currently support editing related tables.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Matthew,

The Portal for ArcGIS map viewer does not currently support editing related tables.

Hope this helps,

GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Derek

Is there a (rough) time frame for when this functionality will be added?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi GIS Support,

This enhancement request has been noted by the Development team, but I cannot provide an estimate of when it will be added to ArcGIS Online at this time. I encourage you to also vote for this enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas site,

ArcGIS Idea - enable editing for related tables in arcgis online

Hope this helps,

GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Derek

The login link at the top of that page is broken

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi GIS Support,

Thanks for bringing the broken link to my attention. I'm working with the Esri Support team to get this addressed ASAP. I will post an update when it's fixed.

Thanks for your patience,

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Derek, the link worked for me, but it says merged.  I found another

ArcGIS Idea - Related tables with editing enabled    (When not logged in to ideas page ...links seem to depend on whether you are logged in or not)

I searched http://ideas.arcgis.com/apex/ideaSearchResults?s=Related+tables+online&searchButton=search

DerekLaw

@GIS Support,

Earlier today the Esri Support site was having issues. This included the ability to login into the Ideas.arcgis.com site. The issues were resolved sometime this afternoon. Please try the link again and you should be able to login and vote for the enhancement.

@Rebecca,

Belated thanks for your assistance. I think GIS Support was able to see/view the idea, but was unable to login to the ideas site and vote for it. We should be all sorted now.

Hope this helps,

ANAVELEZ
New Contributor II

Still not working!

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ana, when you say it isn't working, are none of the links working for you? Are you getting an error message? As I mentioned above, I know some of the links work when you are logged into the ideas page, some will work if you are not logged in. At least the was the case in the past.

can you see the Esri Arcgis Ideas | Ideas Submission Portal   page at all?  If you can, you can search for 'related tables online' in the search b on the main page and see several options.  You will need to log in with your esri global ID (same as geonet) to vote. Typically if I am already logged into Geonet and just hit the Login button at the top of the ideas page, it automatically logs me in (I'm using Safari on an iPad )