Increase the RAM allocation to the JVM running Portal for ArcGIS

Jump to solution
11-05-2021 01:12 PM
Labels (1)
Rodrigo_DaSilva
New Contributor III

Sorry for my English ....

On Linux distributions, Portal for ArcGIS runs from a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) instance. The default out-of-the-box configuration allocates 2GB of available RAM on your server to this JVM.

I looked in this post (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-geoevent-server-blog/increase-the-ram-allocation-to-the-jvm-run...) for the possibility of changing the size of the JVM in ArcGIS Geoevent.
Is it possible to make this same change in Portal for ArcGIS JVM?

Here are my current Linux JVM configuration processes

JVM.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

The particular process you've highlighted runs the index service for Portal for ArcGIS and the min/max heap sizes should not need to be increased. The web server process will scale it's memory utilization according to load and the database instance will do the same. Unless instructed to change backend values by an Esri representative, modifying the internal components can place your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment outside of the scope of support, so I would be hesitant to go down that path and instead recommend opening a Support case if you feel the parameters need tuning.

-- Chris Pawlyszyn

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

The particular process you've highlighted runs the index service for Portal for ArcGIS and the min/max heap sizes should not need to be increased. The web server process will scale it's memory utilization according to load and the database instance will do the same. Unless instructed to change backend values by an Esri representative, modifying the internal components can place your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment outside of the scope of support, so I would be hesitant to go down that path and instead recommend opening a Support case if you feel the parameters need tuning.

-- Chris Pawlyszyn