http://fragis.frasafety.net/gisfrasafety/

03-21-2013 03:41 PM
JamesSirmons
New Contributor
Please accept my apologies in advance if this is the wrong location for beginning this thread I am new. Please redirect to the appropriate thread as necessary.

I have been recently using http://fragis.frasafety.net/gisfrasafety/ for the purpose of determining railroad milepost markers for CSX railroad in the Jacksonville Florida area. Up until today I have been able to use the aforementioned map for this purpose. Contained therein were streets and highways. This facilitated my endeavors. However, this afternoon there was a bit of time I was unable to get the map to load. Later it was accessible but without any streets or highways. I have only been able to load railroad data. Can anyone explain what has happened? Has there been an upgrade or a some other change? I would appreciate any guidance in this matter. Again, thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
Hi,

When I open this map I do not see any layers contained that give any descriptions of 'streets' or 'highways'.  My guess would be that it has been updated and they do not exist as layers anymore. 

Did you create this application or did someone else?  I suggest to consult with the creator of this application for details on the disappearance of those specific layers, but to me it looks like they are just not included anymore as everything else within the map seems to be working fine!

Matt
0 Kudos
JamesSirmons
New Contributor
Yes something changed as the streets had previously been available. No I did not create this application. I have no knowledge of the creator. I found a link for it located in a railroad type forum.
0 Kudos
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
My guess is that the layers of the application have just changed.  That would occur on the publisher/creator side, which is not in our control.  There are scale ranges set on some of the layers, but zooming way in or out does not make any streets or highway layers show up.  Sounds like they were just removed from the application.

Matt
0 Kudos
JamesSirmons
New Contributor
I did a little minor digging and have determined FRA is the acronym for Federal Rail Administration. I came in again today and there are further changes. I am merely guessing, but it may be they are changing/updating content. Perhaps this is only temporary.
0 Kudos