Select to view content in your preferred language

How to rebuild index ? - corrupt index for ArcGIS Portal 10.8.1

05-31-2023 03:25 AM
LarsRotnes
New Contributor

After using the reindex function in portaladmin, on the user index for ArcGIS Portal, we are stuck with a corrupted index.
The index is deleted and only users that re-logon to the portal are indexed. 
Problem is on a HA setup of ArcGIS Portal 10.8.1

I'm aware of the old howto "Manually rebuild the index in Portal for ArcGIS":
https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-manually-rebuild-the-index-in-portal-for-arcgis...

Is there now a way to achieve the same for 10.8.1?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JalesM
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no way to manually rebuild the index in Portal for ArcGIS post 10.7.1. The article has the following note:

JalesM_0-1685550172247.png

I would continuously run the reindex function in the Portal admin endpoint to see if that fixes it (several times if necessary). Otherwise, you may need to revert to a snapshot or webgisdr backup, if you have them.

You mentioned that your deployment is HA. I usually find it helpful to unregister the standby Portal when troubleshooting HA environments.

0 Kudos
LindseyDanforth_Boulder
New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same problem. I upgraded from 10.9.1 to 11.2 recently and now my user index is corrupted but unable to pinpoint when it became corrupted.  I tried reindexing and reconfiguring the index over 20 times. I also exported and imported my site but that also failed to fix the index. 

0 Kudos
Thomas_Puthusserry
Occasional Contributor

I had a similar issue with HA deployment where the indexing got corrupted when a standby portal was added to the site. Had to remove secondary portal, index in primary and then add secondary and reindex again, It worked

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-portal-questions/portal-indexing-failure-10-9/m-p/13...

0 Kudos
LindseyDanforth_Boulder
New Contributor II

My Portal is not HA so we just have this one machine and several federated servers. So far ESRI does not know how to fix this and I'm looking at completely redeploying Portal. 

0 Kudos
chill_gis_dude
New Contributor III

What ended up happening with this? Stumbling upon this makes me pretty nervous to upgrade enterprise from 10.9.0 to anything... 

0 Kudos
JeffPace1
New Contributor III

we have the same issue after going from 10.9.1 to 11.2. Were you able to fix it?

0 Kudos
JeffPace1
New Contributor III

So our issue was the Living Atlas data failed to upgrade correctly and corrupted.  We had to (with the help of support) manually upgrade the Living atlas items using a hidden api.  

Recommend engaging support.

0 Kudos