How to get all named users in Portal and ArcGIS Online

11-13-2016 05:34 PM
CyrilCherian
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to find out how I can get list of all named users in Portal or ArcGIS Online account using REST request.

Appreciate all help.

Cyril

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Administrators can use a command line utility, called ListUsers, to generate a list of all members in the portal.

Listing members—Portal for ArcGIS (10.4.1) | ArcGIS for Server 

Think Location
0 Kudos
CyrilCherian
New Contributor II

Hi  Jayanta,

That is correct. I have seen that approach. But that can only be used from where the portal is installed. Isn't? I am looking for REST way of doing it. Here is the closest I can find 

http://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/portals/fa019fbbfbb845d08cc9f0acde6dd8af/users

Here is ESRI's description of the above URL

Description
Lists all the members of the organization. The start and num paging parameters are supported.
This I believe is for ArcGIS Online. I have tried with our AGOL account using admin token and could not successfully retrieve users. I am also looking for somthing similar for portal. 

Thanks,

Cyril

0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Have you tried the tools in portalpy?

PortalPy

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online for achieving the requirement.

Think Location
0 Kudos
CyrilCherian
New Contributor II

I had looked into PortalPy and now looking into AdminTools for ArcGIS Online. 

What we are trying to do here is a small piece of requirement in a large desktop .NET application.  We may not be able to install other applications on individual client machines to support this requirement. Still I am looking through these options.  

Cyril

0 Kudos