How can I change default Gallery in Portal?

07-02-2018 04:15 PM
JustinOdell
Occasional Contributor III

2 scenarios for consideration:

1. I wish to change the default tab on the default Gallery so that it is always pointing at "My Organization's Featured Content" instead of "Esri Featured Content". How is this possible?
  2. Alternatively, I would like to replace the default Gallery page with the ESRI Maps and App Gallery however I can not find any information on how to replace the default Gallery page. How can I do this?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Justin,

1.  "My Organization's Featured Content" seems to be the default using Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.  What version are you using?

2.  The Maps and Apps Gallery is an application that accesses a collection of maps, apps, and other content cataloged in a group.  You can set which Group you would like the Gallery to show by going to My Organization > Edit Settings > Gallery tab.  You won't be able to actually replace this tab with the application.

0 Kudos
JustinOdell
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jake,

1. I am using version 10.5.1. I am discovering more reasons to move to 10.6, but unfortunately its probably not going to happen soon. Any way it is easily tweaked in 10.5.1?
  2. Understood, thanks. I see the Maps and Apps Gallery will actually replace the index.html page, rather than the gallery.html page as well. This is probably OK for my purpose, so will look into this a bit more. It's a shame the default gallery isn't easily configurable with a choice of templates or layouts. Ideally I want my users to be able to easily distinguish what type of content an item is (e.g. WMS, Image Service, Mapping Layer, Web Mapping Application etc) without having to dig into the details page, however I would also like to retain a similar layout to the default thumbView, rather than the listView (which does provide a better indication of what type of content an item is), but involves more scrolling down the page.
JTessier
Occasional Contributor II

Same question for #1 at 10.5.1.

0 Kudos