Hide Gallery, Map Viewer, Scene Viewer from Portal Website

04-29-2018 06:33 AM
MatsHardy
Occasional Contributor

I have set a Portal server and created some users but I want the users to access the maps, apps and layers in their groups. Is it possible to hide Gallery, Map Viewer, Scene Viewer from Portal from users?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mats,

> Is it possible to hide Gallery, Map Viewer, Scene Viewer from Portal from users?

You can hide the Scene Viewer in Portal for ArcGIS by editing the config.js file. See this help topic,

Set advanced portal options—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

> I want the users to access the maps, apps and layers in their groups

Instead of having your end users access Portal for ArcGIS directly, why don't you create some gallery apps from your groups - then just have them access the gallery app?

Create apps from groups—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

CaitlanDowling
New Contributor II

Hi Derek Law

I have almost the opposite question as Mats. Is it possible to show the "Home Gallery Map" etc banner in either of the Gallery apps? We are in Portal 10.5.1. 

Thank you! 

Caitlan 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Caitlan,

> Is it possible to show the "Home Gallery Map" etc banner in either of the Gallery apps? 

I'm not sure I completely understand your question. What do you mean by "Home Gallery Map etc banner"? Do you mean the Portal home landing page and all of its contents, including the banner? If so, the answer is "no". If not, can you please elaborate?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
CaitlanDowling
New Contributor II

Hi Derek, 

Not the entire home page, but just the banner. I attached two photos of how I envisioned the banners looking I just clipped together in paint  

Map and Apps Gallery: 

Multi Group: 

Thank you! 

Caitlan

0 Kudos