Generate token for Federated ArcGIS Server through webadaptor

Jump to solution
03-02-2018 11:29 AM
BrettLawson
New Contributor III

I was wondering if it is possible to generate a token for a Federated ArcGIS Server through a webadaptor .  What I would like is to do is configure a webadaptor for ArcGIS Server that is public facing to utilized secured webservices and hide portal.  When I look at the calls being made when some one connects to a secured service the token is being generate by making direct calls to the portal https://[pri]:7443/arcgis/sharing/rest/generateToken ,which I want to avoid directly accessing it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brett,

This would not be possible without having an external web adaptor for Portal as well.  If you want to keep Portal internal, but have some ArcGIS Server services externally accessible you would need some type of non-esri application/proxy that would handle the forwarding of credentials to your internal Portal when the request is made.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brett,

This would not be possible without having an external web adaptor for Portal as well.  If you want to keep Portal internal, but have some ArcGIS Server services externally accessible you would need some type of non-esri application/proxy that would handle the forwarding of credentials to your internal Portal when the request is made.

BrettLawson
New Contributor III

I was afraid of that, thanks for confirming.

0 Kudos