Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature layer not showing/loading completely

07-23-2024 11:45 PM
Labels (1)
Martin1
Occasional Contributor II

We are experiencing issues with several of our feature layers in map viewer and web applications.
When the layer is loaded, it only shows parts of it and there are other parts missing (looks like tiles, but this is a simple feature layer - see below).

Martin1_0-1721803103220.png

When I zoom in and out, some of the missing parts might appear, but others disappear

Martin1_1-1721803275481.png

I do not see any errors neither in ArcGIS Server manager, nor the browser console.

The behavior is the same in different browsers. It happens with many different feature layers.

Any ideas where this is coming from and what can be done against it?
We are working with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3.

The feature layer data comes from SDE databases.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @Martin1 , if your data uses a geographic transformation, try installing the additional coordinate system files for ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Pro, and republish your data.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/latest/windows/coordinate-system-requirements.h...

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/properties/arcgis-coordinate-systems-data.htm

Martin1

@ChrisUnderwoodThanks for the tip. However, in my case there is no geographic transformation used.

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor

@Martin1 it certainly does look like missing tiles.  Is there more than one ArcGIS Server machine?  It could be that the service is failing on one of the machines.

What is the MaxRecordCount for this service? Are you exceeding this limit?

Bernie.

Martin1

@berniejconnorsThanks a lot for the tip. Indeed, we have two ArcGIS Server machines.

I don't think MaxRecordCount is the culprit. However, when I stop the second ArcGIS Server, it seems to run without the issues. Could it be something else in the communication between the two?

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor

@Martin1 Most likely your web adaptor is sending every other request to the second server and it is failing to draw or retrieve the data.  Do both servers access the same source of the data?  Or does each server have its own copy of the data?  Restart the services that are causing this problem or reboot the malfunctioning server.

In your ArcGIS Server logs the error messages will include the machine name.  You should see more failures on the malfunctioning machine.

Bernie.

Martin1

@berniejconnorsIn fact the two ArcGIS Servers are in one site. So everything regarding data source, etc. should be the same for both servers. Unfortunately there is nothing in the logs.

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor

@Martin1 the next thing I would try is stopping and restarting the probelmatic services.  If that does not resolve the problem I would do a server reboot on the machine you suspect is failing to draw.  And If that does not resolve the problem I would reboot the other server.  Good luck.