Select to view content in your preferred language

Enterprise 11.1 Web Map Won't Accept URL in Hyperlink PopUp

08-02-2023 02:57 PM
Labels (3)
AndrewCastro
Emerging Contributor

I need help pathing to a file location on a local server. My organization is transitioning from ArcMap 10.2 to ArcPro and AGOL. As such I am trying to provide access to pdf documents hosted on our local server within web maps created in our Enterprise Portal.

I am using the hyperlink function within the popup menu with this URL:

file://///ServerName/Drive$/Gisdata/ssf1/00_CombinedDocs/{FileName}.pdf

The URL works when copied to the search bar directly and returns the navigable index but using the Hyperlink just opens the web map in another tab. So I know the link is correct but do not know why the web map won't use the URL I provide.

I have also tried creating an Arcade Expression using this:

'file:////ServerName/Drive$/gisdata/ssf1/00_CombinedDocs/'+'/'+$feature.FileName+'.pdf'
This returns the same results as the hyperlink in the popup.

I will note the server is not open to anything outside of our local network at the moment.
However, for those on the local network, it is fully functional. Any help on how else to
approach this would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

I haven't previously seen people reference files like this.  They normally make the files available from a web server, and then use a HTTPS path to those files instead.  

That said, you may want to try using a Fully Qualified Name for the file path, rather than just the server name.  i.e.  file:////servname.company.net/.....  I'm not sure that will work, but it's worth a try...

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
0 Kudos