I am building a set of about 200 parcel maps via Data Driven Pages. I just about have everything worked out, except there is this one problem that I cannot seem to fix. It seems more like a bug than anything but perhaps someone else has experienced this.
So, our maps are named "001"-"100" in the urban part of town, and then "R01"-"R99" in rural areas. I'm finding that when I step through the numeric pages, everything is A-OK. But when I hit the first alphanumeric page, "K42" (an oddball in terms of name), all of a sudden nothing appears. And continues to not appear as I step through the other alphanumeric maps.
On further inspection, I find that the problem is that the coordinate system of the data frame is changing for our usual NAD83 Maine-East to RT90_25_GON_W. Really Weird!!!
I can reset the coordinate system and refresh the maps all I want, the behavior happens every single time.
So far I've run through MXD doctor, and also re-created the MXD by copying & pasting elements from the broken MXD to a new one. Neither has made a difference. I'm hesitant to just start over from scratch, as the maps are fairly involved (several different data-driven frames, and a number of layers using page-dependent symbology and labeling, etc. ) I worry that I'll spend a ton of time just to find the same situation, because maybe the problem is alphanumeric page names or something.
That seems to be where the problem lie. Previously the field had been blank, but when I put in a value to force it to use the preferred, local coordinate system, everything started working smoothly again. Still seems like something of a bug, but I was able to circumvent it.