Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom Print Service Error

12-17-2023 04:08 PM
Labels (3)
vijaybadugu
Frequent Contributor

I have been getting error message "

Unable to complete operation.
Error executing tool. Export Web Map : Invalid input. Failed to execute (Export Web Map).

"

vijaybadugu_0-1702910681102.png

Same Web Json tested with arcgis online print service and it is working fine. 

When i removed our ArcGIS services and it is working fine with our custom print service . I have tried replacing arcgis online map services with our web services and it is working. When I open our Map Service in a new tab and able to see Rest service with no issues. I have recently upgraded to 11.2 enterprise. 

The combination of Our Custom Print Service with our ArcGIS Services is not working. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

@vijaybadugu 

I'd highly recommend you to reach out to Esri Supports and an analyst should be able to help you out. This issue appears to be some a bit more complicated and without knowing all the details, it is hard to provide any solution.

thanks

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu
Frequent Contributor

Yes. I created a case. I don't even know how to troubleshoot the issue. I have tried all scenarios ,checked all logs and IIS logs. I'll be  waiting for support team response. I have never faced such an issue without any detail log information

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu
Frequent Contributor

Could you please tell me,  what exactly this error means " Invalid Input " ?

0 Kudos
AmandaDeMedeiros
Esri Contributor

Error executing tool. Export Web Map : Invalid input. Failed to execute (Export Web Map).

This error code says it does not like the input data or service you are using.

This tells me two things:

1. Your customer print service works with AGOL services.
    1. Therefore, it is not the custom print service
  2. You removed the ArcGIS service in question and it works
    1. Something is wrong with the service

Troubleshooting steps you could try:

1. Try with an out-of-the box print tool that Enterprise provides
    1. This will give you assurance it's not your print service
  2. Try your ArcGIS services with AGOL print service (if you can)
    1. This will tell you if your service is ok
  3. Try with other services or new services.

Theory:

A layer included in the web map includes a feature service that is unable to communicate to an internal network. This service is unable to communicate with the ArcGIS printing geoprocessing service when the web map print function is executed.

You did state you had a recent upgrade. I would do a diagnostic of the deployment to ensure it upgraded without issues. Your analyst might inventory your architecture to ensure it has a strong foundation and the upgrade is completed. 

Amanda De Medeiros
Esri Canada
0 Kudos