Connection refused Portal Admin URL

07-07-2022 06:41 AM
Labels (1)
MKF62
by
Occasional Contributor III

Recently some IT folks installed a patch on our windows server and now I can no longer reach our Portal admin URL and am getting a "Connection refused" error message. If I try to load the portal home page I get a 500 error.  I reconfigured the ArcGIS Server Account and restarted the service just to ensure that wasn't causing problems, but no dice. I can only find one help article on this issue and it's for 10.3 and I cannot find files the steps are referencing so that's no good. Anybody have any bright ideas on how to move forward?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MCameron
Esri Contributor

Hi Molly, 

Could I ask if you get the same beahviour over both of the ArcGIS Portal Admin Directory URLs? i.e. Do you get the same error when accessing via the port ( https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin ) and also via the web adaptor https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/portaladmin ? 

0 Kudos
MKF62
by

I receive the connection refused error for the 7443 URL and the 500 internal server error for the webadaptorname/portaladmin URL.

0 Kudos
MCameron
Esri Contributor

Hi Molly, 

Thanks for checking that for me. Could I ask you to confirm if it was the ArcGIS Portal service you restarted or did you reboot the server machine?

If it was the latter, could you only stop and start the "Portal for ArcGIS" service from your service on the server machine? Give it a few minutes to get fired up, then in the Task Manager, could you please check that the following processes are up and running:

• ArcGISPortal.exe
  • java.exe
  • javaw.exe
  • postgres.exe
  • ** Note: both the java.exe and javaw.exe should be in the ArcGIS Portal\framework folder on the server machine - you can check that from the Command Line column in the Task Manager ** 

After the Portal is back up and running, could you please try accessing your Portal home page and check if it still shows the same error?

Another suggestion would be to review the following Technical Article which describes the same error you are seeing, as it could be a possible solution to test: Problem: HTTP Error 500 Internal Server Error is returned when accessing Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGI...

0 Kudos
MKF62
by

Oddly, I went in today and it's working again. I'm not sure what the deal was as I haven't had the time to try anything else since I posted yesterday. Thank you for listing all those files though, that will be helpful for me to know if the service is truly running next time or not! 

0 Kudos