Convert CAD file to work in Portal

07-01-2022 04:40 AM
PetterHersinger
New Contributor II

Hello! I am trying to upload a web scene and map to our enterprise portal. I can view the scene in ArcGIS Pro but when I upload it to the portal and open it with scene viewer all I can see is white. As I understand, I have to add a .wld3 file to support my .PRJ file. Aside from a PRJ, my folder also has a DXF and XML file. How do I proceed to be able to upload a viewable scene to my portal?

Any input is appreciated, I am quite new to the ArcGIS environment. 

6 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@PetterHersinger you can't publish CAD data to Portal. You need to run the CAD to Geodatabase geoprocess to convert to feature classes. (Check the CAD file has a projection defined. If not, define it in catalog properties).

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
PetterHersinger
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply! Do you have any article or content I could use? Im new to all of this 🙂 @David_Brooks 

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/conversion/cad-to-geodatabase.htm

Here's the tool help. Other than that, once the GDB has been created, just drag in the Polyline layer (and annotation if you need annotation to be shown) and publish those. The layers in the CAD file will be attributed in the Polyline feature class in a "Layers" attribute field, so you can change the symbology of the polyline to "category" and pick the Layer field.

Here's a video guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8sbUMDbYVI 

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
PetterHersinger
New Contributor II

Now we have ran the CAD to geodatabase conversion, but we still get all our files as not supported when we try to share the arcgis project to portal.

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@PetterHersinger once you've run the CAD to Geodatabase tool, do the output layers contain any data? Which ones? I just saw your private message. If the only layer that contains any features is Multipatch, then add that layer into a Pro Scene and inspect to confirm it's what you were using in CAD, and then publish that from the scene (multipatch is supported). If it's a 3D feature(s) then confirm it comes into Pro in the correct location first, otherwise you may need to relocate/move it..

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
PetterHersinger
New Contributor II

If we run Feature class to feature class and chose polyline it says that the output is empty. @David_Brooks 

0 Kudos