Configuring Integrated Windows Authentication in Portal

Jump to solution
05-15-2015 04:53 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jeff Smith​ I watched your video on configuring SSO with IWA in portal:

Portal for ArcGIS: Leveraging Windows Single-Sign-On for your Organization

When I follow all steps and get to the point of adding enterprise users, I go to 'Add Members' but I don't have an option to choose from/search our Active Directory users, only to add built-in users. However in the portaladmin site I can search our AD.

I was able to finally add AD users and get SSO working using the CreateUser command line utility.

Has anyone else ever encountered this issue?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffSmith
Esri Contributor

Sarah,

Are you using Portal 10.3.1?  The ability to add enterprise users through the 'Add Members' option did not exist in 10.3.

In 10.3.1, when you click on 'Add Members', you should see three options (add built-in users, add SAML users, add enterprise users).  The ability to add SAML and enterprise users will be grayed out until Portal is configured to authenticate via SAML or the user identity store is changed to Windows or LDAP in the portaladmin section.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffSmith
Esri Contributor

Sarah,

Are you using Portal 10.3.1?  The ability to add enterprise users through the 'Add Members' option did not exist in 10.3.

In 10.3.1, when you click on 'Add Members', you should see three options (add built-in users, add SAML users, add enterprise users).  The ability to add SAML and enterprise users will be grayed out until Portal is configured to authenticate via SAML or the user identity store is changed to Windows or LDAP in the portaladmin section.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see - I'm on 10.3

0 Kudos