Cannot change aspct ratio of dataframe

08-16-2013 01:28 AM
KaiGünther
New Contributor
Hi,

I hope this is the right forum to post this problem. I have created a map and its layout in Arcgis 10.1 and all of a sudden the size of the dataframe is not what I originally used.
Unfortunately I cannot change it to the size that I want because ArcGIS won't let me uncheck the "Preserve aspect ratio" option in the dataframe properties.

I do have an older version of my map where I could retreive the measurements of the dataframe but I had made many other modifications since that version, that I would like to keep the latest one - I just need to change the size of the dataframe.

I use a fixed extent and fixed scale for the map but even setting all those to automatic won't allow me to change the size to my liking.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I am out of ideas and google doesn't help.

Thank you very much for the help!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26751[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KaiGünther
New Contributor
I indeed have grouped items in the dataframe but that does not seem to be the problem. I marked all items I have and pressed "ungroup" until that option was blocked - but unfortunately the aspect ratio setting of the dataframe is still checked - and still blocked. 😞

Any more ideas?

EDIT:

Okay everybody, forget it. I have solved the problem. I had to ungroup every single item on the map and set the extent to automatic and the clipping to "no clipping" in the dataframe options. Whether the latter is relevant or not, I don't know. I just set all those options to either automatic or disabled them.

Thank you very much anyways!
0 Kudos