Select to view content in your preferred language

Not able to select Azure Active Directory Tenant - multi-factor authenication

10-14-2021 04:29 PM
JoeSaltenberger
New Contributor II

Hi,
Using the Enterprise 10.9 Azure cloud builder, I'm unable to select Azure Active Directory Tenant after logging in.

I am able to login successfully on the first page, but on the second page where a list of the tenants show up, when I click a tenant, I get a warning "Due to a configuration change made by your administrator, or because you moved to a new location, you must use multi-factor authentication to access {tenant id}".

Is the cloud builder unable to handle login with multi-factor authentication?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Most probably it is related with your tenant or subscription. When you click login you will see somethings like below to complete login process.

SuleymanArslan_0-1634304798621.png

After that you should see the screen something like below to select a tenant.

SuleymanArslan_2-1634304961974.png

Then you click next and you will see list of subscriptions.

SuleymanArslan_3-1634305079024.png

Make sure you have permission or any valid subscription to deploy ArcGIS Enterprise.

You may check out from portal: https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Billing/SubscriptionsBlade

And please check prerequisites. You must enable programmatic deployment of the ArcGIS images.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/cloud/azure/install-azure-cloud-builder.htm

0 Kudos
MarkusSchenardi
Occasional Contributor

I'm seeing the same problem. 2FA is not working. I can login but there's no multifactor authentication popup appearing. I'm global administrator in our tenant and do not have problems seeing the subscriptions at all when using the portal in the browser.

I created a new account with Multifactor not yet activated and it works fine but that's not really a final solution.

JoeSaltenberger
New Contributor II

Same, I ended up having to use a new account that didn't have MFA required. I never found any other fix.

0 Kudos
ThienTran
Esri Contributor

Fairly old thread, but just wanted to add an update to this.

A hotfix was recently applied to the ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder 10.9.1 for Azure to address this MFA issue.  Moving forward, Cloud Builder 11.0 for Azure will also support MFA as you would expect it to.

You can download Cloud Builder 10.9.1 for Azure here.

0 Kudos
JoeSaltenberger
New Contributor II

Thanks.

I currently have an 10.9 Enterprise instance installed using the 10.9 cloud builder. Can I use the cloud builder 10.9.1 tool to manage 10.9 instances, or do I need to upgrade?

0 Kudos