How to establish a data connection from federated server to data disk on the Enterprise Deployment VM

06-22-2021 12:18 PM
JeffGarland
New Contributor II

Greetings.  Exploring Cloud Builder Azure.  Use case is to utilize a file geodatabase for data storage to be served by federated server on single machine base web gis established with Cloud Builder.  During the wizard process of establishing the Portal VM add a data disk (SSD 32 GB) to the configuration.  I can see the disk and associated NIC in the resulting resource group.  My new to Azure question is two-fold:  How do I access the disk via a Pro Desktop VM to establish and populated the FGDB and how do I define a connection to it from the federated server manager?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Within Server Manager -> DataStores, you would add a folder connection, and specify the folder on the Enterprise machine where the file geodatabase is housed.  For accessing the fgdb, you would need to create a network share from the Windows Server, then either assign a drive letter on the Pro desktop or go over the UNC network path.

0 Kudos
JeffGarland
New Contributor II

Reese.  Thanks for taking time to reply, but your workflow is for an on-premise deployment.  See attached screenshots for Azure resources deployed via CloudBuilder 10.9 single machine and choosing the Data Disk option when establishing the VM.  What is the endpoint I reference for the Data Disk.  UNC is for on-premise.  What is the equivalent for an Azure resource in a virtual network?   

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Jeff, our software cannot access Azure Disks outside of the machines they are attached to.  By having the Enterprise machine and the desktop machine on the same virtual network, connecting functions the same way as if it were on premise

0 Kudos