Configure Kubernetes Deployment to Use AWS SSL Certificate for TLS

Jump to solution
08-04-2021 08:17 AM
Labels (1)
BlairDeaver3
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am about to deploy a new Portal/Enterprise environment using the new Kubernetes deployment options.  I wanted to know if it is possible to use an AWS Load Balancer with an assigned AWS SSL Certificate rather than supply my own .pfx and .pem file?  Thanks.

Cheers,

Blair

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TrevorSeaton
Esri Contributor

Hello Blair, thanks for your question. Deploying ArcGIS Enterprise on Kubernetes does allow you to specify a load balancer. On AWS, we support the AWS classic load balancer or AWS network load balancer (NLB-External). A self-signed or third-party CA-signed TLS certificate is also required. If your question is referring to a typical layer 4 load balancer, then an AWS SSL cert can be used but we do need a copy of it to use on the Ingress controller, stored as a .pfx, .pem, or secret. You can import an AWS Certificate Manager certificate following these procedures. Please review our system requirements and deployment process help topics, and contact Esri Support for help with your specific situation.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TrevorSeaton
Esri Contributor

Hello Blair, thanks for your question. Deploying ArcGIS Enterprise on Kubernetes does allow you to specify a load balancer. On AWS, we support the AWS classic load balancer or AWS network load balancer (NLB-External). A self-signed or third-party CA-signed TLS certificate is also required. If your question is referring to a typical layer 4 load balancer, then an AWS SSL cert can be used but we do need a copy of it to use on the Ingress controller, stored as a .pfx, .pem, or secret. You can import an AWS Certificate Manager certificate following these procedures. Please review our system requirements and deployment process help topics, and contact Esri Support for help with your specific situation.