User Interface enhancement for ArcGIS Server Manager - Manage Services page

02-03-2021 05:53 PM
berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

I am tired of squinting at the small text and small icons on the "Manage Services" page (/arcgis/manager/index.html) in ArcGIS Server Manager.  I frequently scan this page to identify services that are "stopped" or "started".  This would be much easier if there was a big red octagon symbol adjacent to the stopped services:

ASM_UI_enhancement.PNG

When was the last time a UI designer looked at this page?  It really hasn't changed much in more than a decade.

6 Comments
jcarlson

You could always do it yourself!

On your Server machine, browse to:

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\webapps\arcgis#manager

Just be careful!

berniejconnors

Thanks for the tip jcarlson but I would rather see Esri make improvements to benefit all ArcGIS Server Manager users.  And I don't think that is something I want to attempt.

Bernie.

jcarlson

@berniejconnorsOh, for sure, I agree!

I was tired of everything being in a sea of whites, greys and blues, and configured my own "dark mode" CSS, which I could change without touching any of the "important" files. I guess I'm just not as patient.

RamezRafatVolue

Changing the CSS was a great idea 😊!

jcarlson

@RamezRafatVolueThanks! You can use your browser's tools to inspect the page and find the exact lines of the CSS files that define it. Just a few tweaks, and you can have a vastly-improved interface. Those buttons are coming out of a PNG file and their size is clearly defined, so it's a simple matter to adjust those as well.

jcarlson_0-1612454948629.png

Joshua-Young

Improving the visibility of the status of whether a service is started or stopped would be a great enhancement.