Open Enterprise Sites gallery items using their own URL

04-17-2021 12:06 AM
KeithMiller3
New Contributor III

Currently on 10.8.1, Enterprise Sites allows users to use Layout Builder to add a Gallery into a site's page. When a user clicks on one of the gallery items, it opens the link but 'within' the Site rather than outside of the Site.

i.e. the URL of the gallery item is (1) https://<portalURL>/apps/sites/#/<site-name>/app/<site-id>
rather than (2) https://<portalURL>/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=<site-id>

URL (1) means that the linked app opens in an iframe within the site page (and I get a vertical scrollbar as a result), whereas URL (2) would open the app using its native URL.

It'd be great to have the option of opening gallery items using their native URL rather than being embedded within the Site.

6 Comments
EinarD
by

This is relevant for 10.9.1 as well. Would be great if one could open web maps in the map viewer directly from the gallery, instead of now having to go through "Explore" --> "I want to use this" --> "Open in ArcGIS Enterprise" --> "open in Map Viewer". 

GarthVaagene

Fully agree as this seems to circumvent what a user wants to be able to do with this layout option. Only other way I've found is to use a hyperlink but then no thumbnail or description is presented.

DavidMcCorkindale1

I too came across this problem at 10.9.1 but see there is actually a setting to resolve this.  Under the site go to Settings | Interactions | Embedded Apps, disabling this opens an app from a gallery card by it's native URL.  The settings on the gallery card determine whether this opens in the same or new tab.

Hope this is what you were looking for and has resolve your issue.

KeithMiller3

@DavidMcCorkindale1 Thanks very much. Just tested it on 10.9.1 and works just as you say.

jill_es
Status changed to: Already Offered

jill_es

As @DavidMcCorkindale1 mentioned, there is actually a setting to resolve this.  Under the site go to Settings | Interactions | Embedded Apps, disabling this opens an app from a gallery card by its native URL.  The settings on the gallery card determine whether this opens in the same or new tab.