Select to view content in your preferred language

Copy features between feature layers in Map Viewer (referenced layers)

06-14-2024 03:52 AM
CarolineLindhe
Occasional Contributor

In Field Maps it is too easy to copy features from one non-editable feature layer to an editable feature layer. I can't find the same easy way to do this in Map viewer. 

My example from Field Maps is that i have a property polygon that I select from the non-editable property boundary layer. I then press the +-button in the lower left of the Field Maps app and it is instantly copied to my editable polygon feature layer in the same map. I can then edit the polygon before saving it. A very useful workflow for me and my colleagues.

I can't find the same easy workflow in Map viewer. From 11.2 there are analysis functions in Map viewer that may help me, but that workflow will be way longer and less efficient (the workflow apparently includes three steps:

Create sketch layers—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Overlay Layers (Map Viewer)—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Merge Layers (Map Viewer)—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise). We are not there yet (still at 11.1), so I haven't tried it, but I gather from just reading about it that it is way more complicated.

Please implement the nice function from Field Maps in Map viewer!