Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed to connect with customdata runtime Custom Data Feeds

08-06-2023 06:16 PM
ForrestCain
New Contributor II

I'm in the final step of create a Custom data feed.  When I try to create the service with the json below I get the follow message. "Failed to create the service 'Case311.FeatureServer'. Failed to connect with customdata runtime. Make sure customdata server instance is up and running."  I have installed the ArcGIS Server 11.1 on the arcgis server machine.   The cdpk was upload and registered without any issues.

{
"serviceName": "Case311",
"type": "FeatureServer",
"description": "Case311",
"capabilities": "Query",
"provider": "CUSTOMDATA",
"clusterName": "default",
"minInstancesPerNode": 0,
"maxInstancesPerNode": 0,
"instancesPerContainer": 1,
"maxWaitTime": 60,
"maxStartupTime": 300,
"maxIdleTime": 1800,
"maxUsageTime": 600,
"loadBalancing": "ROUND_ROBIN",
"isolationLevel": "HIGH",
"configuredState": "STARTED",
"recycleInterval": 24,
"recycleStartTime": "00:00",
"keepAliveInterval": 1800,
"private": false,
"isDefault": false,
"maxUploadFileSize": 0,
"allowedUploadFileTypes": "",
"properties": {
"disableCaching": "true"
},
"jsonProperties": {
"customDataProviderInfo": {
"dataProviderName": "Case311",
"dataProviderHost": "",
"dataProviderId": ""
}
},
"extensions": [],
"frameworkProperties": {},
"datasets": []
}

Tags (1)
6 Replies
ForrestCainGH
New Contributor II

I also installed the ArcGIS-111-S-MSCDF-Patch.msp patch it didn't fix this issue.

0 Kudos
ForrestCainGH
New Contributor II

Mistake in the original post... I have installed ArcGIS_Custom_Data_Feeds_Windows_111_185897  on the arcgis server machine.

0 Kudos
ChrisHansenEUK
New Contributor

I'm also getting this. I am trying to deploy to an all-in-one base deployment built from the CloudFormation templates. I installed the same version of the CDF runtime.

0 Kudos
ForrestCainGH
New Contributor II

Thanks @ChrisHansenEUK , that is good to know.  I also have deployed my cdf to a single machine setup, although I did not use any cloud builder.  I'm suspicious that this may have something to do with everything being on a single machine.  My assumption is that most developers would be deploying to a dev environment on a single machine setup before deploying to a multimachine setup in production.  So if ESRI is listening, it's pretty important for it work on a single machine setup or the CDF adoption will never go anywhere.

0 Kudos
ForrestCainGH
New Contributor II

On another note, I have been passed around to a few different Esri support teams (who have never heard of CDF) to solve this issue.  I have another meeting tomorrow and I'll update the community if we get anywhere.

MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

This feature was a surprise to us and something we need for our long-term strategy to work, but it just isn't ready yet for production. They don't really behave 100% like a true feature service which I heard at the dev summit 2023 over and over. It doesn't have option to return binary PBF that was also shown.

The nodejs app running on the arcgis server is doing processing like queries that are used by things like the filter widgets and is way too slow.  Heck why not just export it behind the scenes as a real feature service and use that Esri?  

0 Kudos