Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom data feeds samples and documentation

04-29-2023 09:06 AM
MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

I downloaded the Enterprise SDK v11.1 and only found the command line utility for creating the custom data feeds nodejs project, however, the documentation seems to be from an older version maybe even 10.9.1, and no documentation on custom data feeds, and no samples.

Where are the samples? I don't see them on github either, and the online documentation for the SDK doesn't have anything on custom data feeds either.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
27 Replies
MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

You don't have to code anything related to that. It is handled by that nodejs app that the cli tool creates, not your provider

0 Kudos
EliasRex
New Contributor III

Does your getData function re-execute once your ttl time has expired? I have added in the createKey function, but even after the ttl period, I can't get the getData function to execute once again. Not exactly sure what I am missing. 

0 Kudos
MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

yes

0 Kudos
Thomas_Fuhrmann
New Contributor III

Thanks @MarcBateEA! Just one quick question - the ttl field should be in seconds, right? I saw that you used the setDate method which returns a timestamp in milliseconds - shouldn't you divide by 1000?

0 Kudos
MatejVrtich
Esri Contributor

Hi,

it seems that caching in the custom data provider is not working at all in version 11.1.

Should be fixed in version 11.2: https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/the-ttl-property-set-in-the-custom-data-provider-source-bug-00015...

Hopefully the documentation will be expanded with debugging, logging, caching and other useful details for implementing your own data providers.

Matej

MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

Thanks for the info. I really would like the CDFs to perform better with the filter manager so the layers can be used with WAB or ExB filter widgets just like a real feature class. The way the filter widget calls the service is too slow for us to use in production environment.

0 Kudos
MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

If the custom data feed layer is supposed to be just like other feature layers, we want to be able to index its fields so parts of the platform like filter and queries perform the same, and don't take so long you can't use this new technology. 😉.

0 Kudos
NurFarahHannanAhmad
New Contributor II

Hi I've tried following this guide : https://developers.arcgis.com/enterprise-sdk/guide/custom-data-feeds/create-a-yelp-custom-data-feed/... and successfully published the yelp data. I have 2 questions. 

1. Is there any way we can get more than 20 feature data? I know by default yelp only provide 20 data for the API. 

2. Is there any other sample that is accessible? I'm trying to do a demo for the twitter data but couldn't find any related documentation.

Any update is appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos