Select to view content in your preferred language

Configure Pop-Up with hyperlink for Map Service in ArcGIS Earth

09-20-2022 11:22 AM
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello fellow GIS'ers,

I would like assistance with configuring a pop-up with a hyperlink in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, publishing it as a map service, then adding it to ArcGIS Earth, and having the hyperlink show up in the pop-up.

I have tried both ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro (HTML, Arcade, and plain field displays), and nothing has worked.

Please help!

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ben_tan
New Contributor II

Hi Amanda Bishop,

Thank you for your feedback. We have logged the issue and started tracking it.

The current version of the ArcGIS Earth pop-up should support HTML, hyperlinks, etc. It does not support "Arcade/expression" for now.

In order to locate the problem faster or provide other possible solutions, I would like to confirm with you further whether the data you are using is a "map image layer" type.  Can you provide a URL to the test data?

Thanks,
Ben

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Ben,

The REST URL is private to our organization.  Are you able to get to it?  I can send it to you in a private message.

Amanda

Amanda Bishop, GISP
ben_tan
New Contributor II

Hi Amanda,

I have received a private message from you. And I also attached a test data we generated in my reply.

From the test results, it does appear that ArcGIS Earth does not currently support pop-ups with hyperlinks configured from ArcGIS Pro, etc. 

We have launched a series of investigations into this issue and have not yet found a suitable workaround for the user side. Due to the development cycle, support for this type of popup will probably be put into a version after 1.17.

Feel free to contact us further if you have any questions.

All the best,

Ben

0 Kudos