ArcGIS Earth Street View

Jump to solution
10-26-2016 11:40 AM
MatthewDuffy
Occasional Contributor II

From my search results it seems like it is possible to add Google Earth Street View to ArcGIS Earth, if you are a developer with a Google API key. 

Does anyone know if this has been updated and if it is now possible to add Street-View from within ArcGIS Earth with a button-click?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi folks,

We have not yet enabled the ability to turn on street view inside ArcGIS Earth.  The following blog tells you how it might be possible but note that to make it happen, it requires a small bit of coding... you have to pass back HTML and Google services no longer do so:

How to call point service URLs in ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS Blog 

We will look at including access to StreetView in the future, much as ArcGIS users can use their enterprise Bing Maps, but we don't yet have this in the roadmap.

Chris

View solution in original post

20 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Updates and links associated with Earth are found here ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS the most recent information could be checked for functionality that currently exists.

MatthewDuffy

Thanks Dan.  I looked a bit and could not find anything about StreetView....I guess that is my answer.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

maybe jasiminegis‌ or CAndrews-esristaff‌ might have some further insights as they are 2 of the owners of this group

0 Kudos
MatthewDuffy

That would be helpful or maybe a timeline of when features will be added to the ArcGIS Earth application.  Thanks much in any case.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi folks,

We have not yet enabled the ability to turn on street view inside ArcGIS Earth.  The following blog tells you how it might be possible but note that to make it happen, it requires a small bit of coding... you have to pass back HTML and Google services no longer do so:

How to call point service URLs in ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS Blog 

We will look at including access to StreetView in the future, much as ArcGIS users can use their enterprise Bing Maps, but we don't yet have this in the roadmap.

Chris

MatthewDuffy

Thank you Chris.  I guess I misunderstood. I thought Google Earth was going away as the API is no longer supported and ArcEarth was going to be the complete solution replacement.  Seems like maybe this won't happen soon, so maybe we can request the ability for this and the Bing Streetside view.  It would be truly nice to have the ability to view Bing streetside veiw, Google street-view and crowd-shared imagery with location information from a single point of access within ArcEarth.  Please let this serve a request for this functionality to be added to ArcEarth.  Thanks much for your reply, I look forward to seeing what ArcEarth becomes in the future.  For now though, I'm going to share this with my Engineering Department that if they need/want the street views, they'll need to stick with Google or Bing for now.  Thanks so much Chris, I remain grateful.

Koeller_Christine_A_-_DOT
New Contributor III

Great question, I'm just looking for a more current response to whether ArcGIS Earth will support Street Views. Thanks!

JasmineDu
Esri Contributor

Hi Christine, 

Thanks for your interest. We did not have the chance to update the features of supporting Street Views. The point-based service that Chris provided is one solution. You can also follow the documentation Administrator configuration—ArcGIS Earth | Documentation to test.  

Best,

Jasmine

JeffBishop
New Contributor III

Hello, is there any update to this feature being on the roadmap?