ArcGIS Earth 1.13 - Blank screen when logging in using enterprise signin (SAML)

08-05-2021 12:44 AM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

Is anybody experiencing the blank screen when trying to log into portal via enterprise login?

This experience is very very similar to the known issue seen in ArcGIS Pro 2.7 when not using the browser to sigin.

AnthonyRyanEQL_0-1628149153881.png

I'm hoping there is registry setting & portal redirect that can be applied similar to the fix in ArcGIS Pro.

AnthonyRyanEQL_1-1628149418492.png

Thanks

Tags (3)
16 Replies
WillyLi
Esri Contributor

Hi @AnthonyRyanEQL 

We are going to ship this feature in the next release, several months later, probably in 2021 Q4.

Thanks
0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Willy,

Excellent news. Is the fix for the browser redirect or a correction in the login screen? This issue with ArcGIS Pro has been resolved in their V2.8

Thanks

0 Kudos
WillyLi
Esri Contributor

Hi @AnthonyRyanEQL Thanks for your info. Fixing for the browser redirection will be our first choice, and we will also try to do the correction in the login screen as well if the time and the testing environment are both available.  In our development, there is no product environment like yours, if we need some more feedback in addressing this issue, would you mind giving us some more help? thank you.

0 Kudos
tchaulla
New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same issue - the same blank white screen when I try to login to ArcGIS Online through ArcGIS Earth. I downloaded the newest ArcGIS Earth today. I am using Chrome as well.

Not sure if this is related, but in the past I have had major problems logging into ArcGIS Pro - we tried the registry editor and many other workarounds. 

tchaulla_0-1631400437910.png

tchaulla_1-1631400445509.png

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

How are you logging into AGOL? Are you using a built-in account (named user) or an Enterprise account?

0 Kudos
tchaulla
New Contributor II

To log into AGOL, I click the "not signed in" and then the "sign in" button on the top right corner. I'm using a built-in account with Johns Hopkins University.

I would be open to ESRI remote accessing my screen.

Willy
by
New Contributor II

Hi @AnthonyRyanEQL ArcGIS Earth now supports login with an external web browser, the new feature is shipped with ArcGISEarth 1.14

The steps are: 

1.  Open the login window.

2.  Select "Portal Manager" in the login window

3. Check the "Sign in using browser" in the portal manager window.

Willy_0-1643082468491.png

4. Close the "Portal manager" window, then login in, in this case, a web browser will be launched to the login page, and  the ArcGISEarth login window becomes below, it is waiting for your login in the external browser,

Willy_1-1643082826317.png

0 Kudos