Select to view content in your preferred language

Set or change accuracy for control points measured in Drone2Map

3 weeks ago
LarsUngerechts
New Contributor II

Hi,

Drone2Map has the nice option to gather coordinates for control points directly in the software using the option control from map. The problem is, that Drone2Map automatically assigns a Vertical and Horizontal Accuracy of 2cm, which is quite unrealistic using Basemaps coordinates.

LarsUngerechts_0-1717357225599.png

Because of this I want to change the Accuracy to more realistic values like for example 40cm horizontally and 20 cm vertically. Those realistic accuracies should lead to better Aerotiangulation results (which lead to better models). But changing those values seems not possible in the software itself!

The only way I found to do so was measuring the control points, saving the project and modifying the control.json file of the project. 

LarsUngerechts_1-1717357578470.png

This procedure works but I imagine, that this is not the way I am supposed to work?!? 

Can someone help me out and show me a more elegant way? Or is Drone2Map lacking this functionality at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Lars

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Lars

In the current release, this value is not editable, for control points extracted from the imagery basemap (or your own ortho layer).  If you have control points in a *.csv file, that file can define the uncertainty of each individual point.

I can't yet promise which future release will enable editing of the uncertainty fields but this is an area we are actively working.   We know this is an important issue.

Last, I want to congratulate you for figuring out the workaround!  I know it's cumbersome but it does provide a method for changing these values. 

Cody B. 

0 Kudos
LarsUngerechts
New Contributor II
Thank's a lot Cody for the piece of information!

Best regards

Lars

Lars Schimmer
Head of GIS

GIS-Akademie GmbH
Gotenstrasse 14
20097 Hamburg

Tel.: 040 / 303 931 23
lars.schimmer@gis-akademie.de
www.gis-akademie.de

[cid:image001.png@01DAB5F7.4145E460]

Hamburg * Berlin * Dortmund