Select to view content in your preferred language

Drone2Map crashes and vaporizes itself

08-10-2023 01:56 PM
frobertsmaf
New Contributor III

I made a special request to my IT department to get a dedicated box to process data on.  It's a pretty decently equiped pliece of hardware:

• Windows 10
  • 32 gig ram
  • Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
  • Name NVIDIA Quadro P4000 (8 gigs memory)
  • Disk 1 TB with only about 1/4 of the disk used (138GB used/ 814GB free)

I have been processing my drone2Map on my local laptop and it works fine.  However, when I try to process the same data on this new processing box I can kick off the job, and when I check it a while later Drone2Map has vaporized.  No log files produced.  

Other things of intrest or not:

• I am remote desktoping into the machine (not sure if that matters).
  • It doesn't always crash at the same spot, aka sometimes it makes it through True Ortho, some times not.  Sometimes it crashes in DSM Mesh or not...  it seems random where it crashes in the processing.
  • I have been just reopening the project and restarting the process and some times it makes it all the way through.
  • Just seems like I have to take a few number of runs at it before I get the final products
  • I have checked out a licence in case it was a connectify issue, but that doesn't seem to be it
  • It only seems to crash if I'm not looking at it... aka if I minimize the window and go on to do other work I often time find it vaporized.  I have not actually seen it crash while I am looking at it...
  • The machine itself is not crashing just the D2M instance
  • No glaring errors in the log file of the machine either...

Any ideas?

Thanks Frank

3 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Frank

using D2M via remote desktop is fine.  Are your source images local to the VM?  Accessing imagery via network can be problematic depending on the speed of your network.  

This will be difficult to troubleshoot with text messages back and forth.  I think you'll get a faster resolution if you open a tech support ticket at https://support.esri.com/en-us/overview

Cody B

0 Kudos
frobertsmaf
New Contributor III

Thanks @CodyBenkelman , all the source images are on the machine I am remoting into.

I have created a case at esri.  Case number is Esri Case #03403555 - Drone2Map Crashes

Unforuntatly, I don't feel like the case has given me much to go on yet.

0 Kudos
Jacob_LRM
New Contributor

I'm having a very similar problem, did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Cheers,

Jacob.

0 Kudos