Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting numerical data from elevation profiles

07-12-2023 08:04 AM
MelodyVeldorale
Emerging Contributor

I'm trying to retrieve numerical or tabulated values based on elevation profiles in Drone2Map, but I have been unable to figure out how (the "Export as table" button is greyed out).  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PetillionJeff
Esri Contributor

If you are unable to use "export as table" in Drone2Map, you can open your results in ArcGIS Pro using the Open in ArcGIS Pro button on the top ribbon in Drone2Map. Once in Pro, you can use the Elevation Profile tool in the Exploratory 3D Analysis drop-down menu in the Workflows group on the Analysis tab. You can then export your results to a CSV. 

More info on the ArcGIS Pro tool here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/exploratory-analysis/interactive-elevation-pro...

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks to Jeff for offering the suggestion to do this analysis in ArcGIS Pro.  For Melody, I've confirmed with the development team that there is a software licensing limitation that prevents us from exposing the export capability, so that menu will be removed in the next release.  Moving to Pro is the recommended workflow.

Thanks
Cody B.

0 Kudos
MelodyVeldorale
Emerging Contributor

Great, thank you both.  I'll see if my university has an ArcGIS Pro license and give it a shot.

0 Kudos