Select to view content in your preferred language

Drone2map pdf export?

02-28-2020 06:53 AM
BradMalone
Emerging Contributor

What happened to the PDF export feature in the new update???  I used to be able to export my finished ortho to a high quality PDF to share with others in the company since the TIFF file is normally too big for them to open.

After the new update I can't get a high resolution PDF export.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Brad

it hasn't changed, so you should contact Support@esri.com.

It's not clear what's not working - you're changing resolution but still getting a low res output?  or it's failing?  or no output and no failure message?

Cody

0 Kudos
BradMalone
Emerging Contributor

I'm getting a low resolution output and I don't see an option for a higher resolution like there was before the update.  I've been using the export feature for months to export PDF's, but unfortunately this was the first time I've tried since the update and it's definitely different than before.

0 Kudos
BradMalone
Emerging Contributor

I've found one of our PC's that is still on 2.0 and this is what I'm talking about.  Attached was how I did it before and now the process is different.  When you choose Export in 2.1 you are presented with a sidebar for options and I can't find anywhere to bump up the resolution.

0 Kudos
BradMalone
Emerging Contributor

This is the options sidebar that I get in the new 2.1 version.  How can I up the resolution from 96?

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Brad

My apologies - I should not have said "this didn't change" - you are correct that the UI for creating the PDF did change from 2.0 to 2.1.  

You'll want to leave the "Resolution" setting at 96 DPI, but above that, increase the # pixels in the output.  the dimensions shown are based on the current Map extent when you invoke the tool (make sure the extent covers everything desired in the PDF), and I recommend activating the button at right of "Height/Width" to fix the aspect ratio, then type in a figure to double or triple either of the figures you're given, e.g. Width = 2636 (=2x) or 3954 (=3x), and the Height will adjust accordingly. 

I'll request that we make this a little more user friendly in the next release with a simple "2x" "3x" etc. resolution scale factor.  

Cody B. 

BradMalone
Emerging Contributor

Thanks Cody, that worked!

0 Kudos