Select to view content in your preferred language

Does Drone2Map Process UAS Lidar and/or other non RGB data?

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
andreasen315
New Contributor II

I'm very new to Drone2Map--only processed 3 sites (RGB).

I'm curious if Drone2Map does anything with Lidar that is collected with photos from a drone? Specifically .ldr file format.

What about thermal imaging data?

NIR?

If yes to any of these, how do I learn more?

Thanks

-Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Scott

Drone2Map does not process lidar data - processing of raw lidar into LAS format point clouds has to be done with software built for the sensor.  In your case, the lidar in LDR format must be processed with software from DJI.  If you have LAS format lidar you can read and view it in Drone2Map (or ArcGIS Pro).

Drone2Map processes imagery from full frame imaging sensors - most are natural color but we can also process multispectral imagery from most known multispectral cameras, and Drone2Map also supports processing of thermal IR imagery.   

You can learn more from tutorials at https://learn.arcgis.com/en/gallery/#?q=drone2map 

Cody B.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
andreasen315
New Contributor II

I just realized .ldr format may not even be a thing. Whats going on with all these source files? Obvioulsy I have a lot to learn.

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Scott

Drone2Map does not process lidar data - processing of raw lidar into LAS format point clouds has to be done with software built for the sensor.  In your case, the lidar in LDR format must be processed with software from DJI.  If you have LAS format lidar you can read and view it in Drone2Map (or ArcGIS Pro).

Drone2Map processes imagery from full frame imaging sensors - most are natural color but we can also process multispectral imagery from most known multispectral cameras, and Drone2Map also supports processing of thermal IR imagery.   

You can learn more from tutorials at https://learn.arcgis.com/en/gallery/#?q=drone2map 

Cody B.

0 Kudos
andreasen315
New Contributor II

Thank you for providing clarity. I'll probably post some more questions in here. 🙂

0 Kudos