Where is the configuration for "Manage ArcMap portal connections" stored?

Jump to solution
10-21-2019 08:30 PM
DerrickWong
Esri Contributor

Does anyone know where the configuration for "Manage ArcMap portal connections" is stored (file/registry/etc)? As part of the automated deployment, I would like it to pointing to a specified Portal as opposed to the default AGOL setting.

I am hoping to either make the change once and copy the file to the other instances, or run powershell script to do so.

Cheers.

Derrick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkEiseman2
New Contributor II

There are registry keys that store the paths to the manged portals and the default in the registry.  You can set the registry keys with the portal URLs through a little batch script.  The main keys you need are HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online\Portals and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online\SignIn.  Esri does not necessarily recommend modifying these keys outside the ArcGIS Administrator, however, I have been using batch files to switch between my Test and Production Portal environments for years.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

You need to open ArcGIS Administrator, when you are on the root of the tree on the left panel you hit the Advanced button. In the Advanced Configuration panel you have a Manage portal Connection button.

As far as I know all the information from that tool is just changing values in the registry.

I usually entering  some fake value, then look for it in the registry to find the correct place to change.

Have Fun

0 Kudos
MarkEiseman2
New Contributor II

There are registry keys that store the paths to the manged portals and the default in the registry.  You can set the registry keys with the portal URLs through a little batch script.  The main keys you need are HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online\Portals and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online\SignIn.  Esri does not necessarily recommend modifying these keys outside the ArcGIS Administrator, however, I have been using batch files to switch between my Test and Production Portal environments for years.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you provide an example of a batch file that you have that modifies these registry settings?

0 Kudos
MarkEiseman2
New Contributor II

Just copy the sample code below into a text editor and save as a *.bat file.  Then replace the bits in <>.  You can then just run the file off your desktop or include it in a deployment script.

Sample Code:

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online\Portals" /t REG_SZ /d https://<subdomain.domain.com>/portal /f

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online\SignIn" /v HomeServerURIFile /t REG_SZ /d https://<subdomain.domain.com>/portal/arcgisuris.xml /f

Enjoy!!

DerrickWong
Esri Contributor

Mark Eiseman‌, cheers for reply.

Just had a look at the registry and they are indeed there.

Thanks.

0 Kudos