License Manager 10.3 do not start

Jump to solution
02-26-2015 06:10 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi everybody.

I installed LM 10.3 on my server Windows Server 2012 Standard and Datacenter (64 bit [EM64T]) it says here that is ok ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop system requirements—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop  but it do not start. I have several License manager for other programs installed and running on the same server like Sentinel RMS, Service loader, LMtools utility, Solid Net License Manager and ArcGIS LM.

manejadores de licencia.PNG

so, my question is, Is there any incompatibility using several license Manager on the same server?

Thanks for your help!

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

The new License Manager and other License Managers typically have port conflicts that cause this issue. You can take a look at the KB article George referenced or you can look at using specific ports that are not in conflict. See the following link:

Defining <port>@<host> to one or more license servers—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Let me know if you have more questions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Diego,

You can run them all on the same server, but they may be trying to access the same ports (likely in the range 27000-27009). I would suggest trying to lock down the ArcGIS vendor daemon ports as follows:

Configure ArcGIS License Manager to work through a firewall—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Diego,

There is a KB article related to this:

Problem: License Manager does not start after upgrading to ArcGIS 10.3

Hopefully this helps!

-George

--- George T.
DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

The new License Manager and other License Managers typically have port conflicts that cause this issue. You can take a look at the KB article George referenced or you can look at using specific ports that are not in conflict. See the following link:

Defining <port>@<host> to one or more license servers—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Let me know if you have more questions.

DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi Dennis,

on the link you send it say "The <host> value is the name of your license manager." where can i find the name of my license manager. can I use the server ip instead?

thank you for your help!

Diego

0 Kudos
DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

You can use the hostname of the License Server Administrator or the IP address. On the system that is running License Server Administrator you can click on the Start button if applicable and then right-click on Computer and select Properties. You should find the name under Computer name.

You can also open up a command prompt on the system running the License Server Administrator and type the command hostname and enter and this should display the hostname.

I hope this helps, if not let me know and we can discuss further.