Debug ArcMap 10.3 start - process ends with 'Loading Document...' message.

01-20-2016 07:14 AM
ValentinWittich
New Contributor III

How can I debug the initial process of ArcMap 10.3.1 for Desktop? The ARCMAP.exe process get's killed after hanging a while with the "Loading Document..." message.

h8PbC79.png

What I have done so far:

• Check and reset the Normal.mxt
  • Reset AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.3
  • reinstall ArcGIS 10.3.1

It seams like something is blocking the initialing process. Interesting is that the process gets about 70,000 K memory and then doesn't change anymore until it get killed. Any ideas how to debug the start of ArcMap?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

By chance, have you tried the MXD Doctor?

0 Kudos
ValentinWittich
New Contributor III

yes I did that too, but with a fresh installation it should be normally not a problem of the Normal.mxt itself...

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try turning off the firewall/ Allowing ArcGIS applications through firewall

Think Location
0 Kudos
ValentinWittich
New Contributor III

I don't think the firewall is the problem. As ArcMap get a valid license status and I  can start ArcCatalog.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This can result from an upgrade to Python 2.7.11, which was released on December 12, 2015.

Check this out...

45924 - ArcMap crashes during Loading Document launch stage

Think Location
ValentinWittich
New Contributor III

I'll check that...

0 Kudos
ValentinWittich
New Contributor III

Unfortunately the  bug is not the problem, I use the first workaround but still the same result, ArcMap doesn't start.

0 Kudos
JonMorris2
Occasional Contributor II

Bit of a long shot, but do you have any printers configured? Once a Windows update knocked out my printers and ArcMap wouldn't start. It checks the default printer on startup and if there is nothing there, crashes.

ValentinWittich
New Contributor III

I'll check that too...

0 Kudos